The New Course was designed by Old Tom Morris in collaboration with Paul Blyth and opened for play in 1895 making it one of the oldest ‘New Courses’ ever. The New Course was built because the Old Course was becoming too popular and is not unlike the Old Course with two double greens at the third and fifteenth and a traditional out and back layout. If the New Course was anywhere else in the United Kingdom, it would be regarded as one of the excellent links course in the British Isles however being next door to the Old Course means that it is often over-looked. The New Course is an opportunity to play arguably the hardest golf course of all the Links Trust courses. Definitely should not be missed if time allows.